It’s crucial to properly repair and replace your electrical devices. If done incorrectly, your home could be at risk for a fire, and your loved ones could be in danger of electrocuting themselves. When you need electrical work done, trust the professionals at All Services. We guarantee we’ll send qualified experts to your home who are all licensed and insured. And when it comes to paying for our services, we offer upfront pricing and financing! Call us today for an appointment in Hobart, IN.
We offer the following electrical services to your area:
- Wiring Repair and Replacement
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
- Switch and Outlet Repair and Replacement
- Generator Installation
- Decorative and Security Lighting
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
We’ve been proudly serving our customers since 2006. Find out why our clients trust us to complete their electrical work by reading our testimonials.
How to Properly Maintain Your Electrical Outlets
Your household likely relies heavily on the devices and appliances you plug into your electrical outlets. Because of this, it’s important to keep the outlets properly maintained so they remain fully functional. To keep your outlets in good working condition, use these tips:
- Gently insert plugs into outlets to minimize the wear and tear.
- Before unplugging small appliances, devices, lamps and other items, first shut them off.
- When unplugging an item from an outlet, pull by the plug, not the cord.
- Don’t overload an outlet with extension cords, appliances with faulty wiring and multi-way plugs.
- Have an electrical contractor inspect your outlets -- especially if they are older -- to ensure they are functioning properly, are correctly wired and are safely grounded.
What to Consider When Selecting a Generator for Your Home
If your home frequently loses power during storms and severe weather, buying a generator to back up your house’s electricity can provide peace of mind and added safety for your family. When determining which type of generator to purchase, you should consider the following:
- Identify which electrical items you need to function in an emergency.
- Make sure the unit works in both hot and cold temperatures. In the winter, you will need the system to protect against frozen pipes by keeping the furnace on. In the summer, you will need the unit to keep the air conditioner running to keep the temps down and lower the humidity levels in your home.
- Ensure the refrigerator can be powered by the generator to protect perishables during a blackout.
- Determine the total watts of electricity the generator will need to provide to decide what size of unit is needed.
- Set a budget.
When an unexpected electrical issue arises, focus on getting it repaired, not the bill. Ask us about our financing options!
Benefits of Recessed Lighting
When enhancing the lighting in your home, one option is to have a professional install recessed lighting. This type of lighting can not only improve the overall look of a room, but it also has the following benefits:
- These lights can make a room feel bigger as they take up less visual space than other types of lights.
- Recessed lights create more light around the room and onto the walls, helping the space look larger.
- This type of lighting allows you to showcase a particular item in a room, such as a piece of art, photograph or other feature.
- These lights give you options, as the trim and light bulbs come in a variety of colors.