When installed correctly, electrical work and features can be a great enhancement to your home. But if repairs and installations are not done properly, it can put your family’s safety at risk and pose a fire risk to your home. Don’t take any chances! Call All Services to perform the work in your Valparaiso, IN home. In business since 2006, trust our experienced electricians to get the job done!
We offer the following electrical services to your area, including:
- Wiring Repair and Replacement
- Generator Installation
- Switch and Outlet Repair and Replacement
- Decorative and Security Lighting
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
When you call us, we'll send a licensed electrician to perform the work. Find out what our clients think of our work by reading our reviews and testimonials.
Why You Need Professionals to Repair Your Outlets
Repairing your electrical outlets might seem like a project you can do yourself with the assistance of YouTube videos and internet research. However, there are reasons outlets should only be repaired by professionals:
- Safety: Working with electricity is dangerous, so it should only be handled by an electrician who has the training and expertise to perform the repairs without putting themselves, your family and your house at risk.
- Cost: If you try to repair an outlet yourself and cause more damage, hiring a professional to correct the added damage can be more costly than if you just called an electrician to make the initial repair.
- Complications: Professionals can troubleshoot an issue if it ends up being more complicated than originally thought.
- Peace of mind: Having an electrical contractor make the repair can give you assurance that the work was completed correctly and that it won’t lead to other potential problems and risks.
Signs Your Generator Should be Replaced
Generators can provide assurances that your house will not be left in the dark during a power outage. However, while these units are beneficial to your home, they don’t last forever. Some signs that can indicate you need to replace your system can include:
- Age: A generator’s age is typically determined by how many hours it’s run rather than years. The average generator is designed to last for 10,000 to 30,000 hours of use. If your unit is nearing this threshold you should consider replacing it before it fails.
- Frequent repairs: If your unit needs multiple repairs, or if it’s breaking down often, it can be time to replace it.
- Trouble starting: Generators should start up quickly when the power goes out. If your unit isn’t starting as expected, then you might need a new system.
- Increased fuel usage: If your unit starts to use more fuel than usual, it can signal it’s no longer working as efficiently as it used to.
- Interrupted power: If you notice interruptions in your power, meaning you see lights flickering or appliances that go in and out while being powered by a generator, it can signal an issue with the unit.
When you need electrical work done at your house, don’t let the potential cost keep you from hiring a professional. Learn about our financing options!
Benefits of Motion Sensor Lights
Installing motion sensor lights can have many advantages for you and your home, including saving you money and improving your safety. Some of the benefits can include:
- Reduced energy consumption: Motion sensor lights don’t continuously run, meaning they use less electricity than other lights. This can result in lower utility bills.
- Deter criminals: These lights can make potential criminals or vandals visible, helping to deter them from entering your home. The motion sensor lights can surprise them, which can help scare them away.
- Increased safety: These lights can help assist your household when arriving home at night. The lights can provide more visibility when walking in, especially if you are carrying items into the house and don’t have a free hand to flip on a light switch.
- Convenient lights: Motion sensor lights can be added to high-trafficked areas of your home, or areas where the light switches are difficult to find, such as in a basement, garage or a bathroom. These can assist guests in your home.