Don’t put your home and your family at risk by trying to repair electrical issues or install electrical devices on your own. Instead, call All Services. We will send an expert electrician to your home, with the assurance that all of our electricians are licensed, insured and fully vetted! Call us today to schedule an appointment!
We offer complete electrical services to the Schererville, IN area, including:
- Generator Installation
- Decorative and Security Lighting
- Switch and Outlet Repair and Replacement
- Wiring Repair and Replacement
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
Find out why our customers have trusted us with their electrical needs since 2006 when you read our testimonials.
Common Outlet Issues to Look For
Faulty or broken outlets can pose a risk to your family and home. To avoid potential dangers, it’s important call a licensed electrical contractor as soon as possible. If you notice any of the following issues, call for professional help immediately:
- Worn-out slots: Slots have metal contact points in the outlet that grip the grounding prongs on plugs. As these wear out, the contact points lose the ability to hold the plug, which can create electrical resistance and heat. This can lead to wiring problems and can potentially cause a circuit breaker to trip.
- Loose wire connections: Over time, circuit wire connections can begin to loosen. If they become too loose, it can cause a circuit breaker to trip.
- Cracks: Cracks in the body of outlets can be potentially dangerous, as it can allow dust or debris to enter the receptacle.
- Improper rating: Outlets are rated for a particular amount of amps, typically 15 or 20. Make sure the outlets you are using are appropriate for the items you are plugging into them.
- No ground connection: If an outlet has not been properly connected to the circuit grounding wire, or if the system isn’t grounded, it should be inspected and corrected by a professional.
- Lack of AFCI or GFCI Protection: New electrical codes require that outlets in most areas of your home have arc-fault circuit interrupter (AFCI) or ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protection. GFCI is required on outdoor locations and in areas where water is nearby, such as in a bathroom or kitchen. These can help protect you from electrocution.
Why You Need a Backup Generator
We see a lot of severe weather in Indiana, from strong rain storms to heavy snowstorms. Unfortunately, some of these storms can lead to power failures and blackouts. To keep your family safe, and to avoid an interruption in your power, install a backup generator at your house.
These can allow you and your family to:
- Remain comfortable during a power outage.
- Keep important household appliances like your refrigerator and septic systems running.
- Continue activities you were doing before the power failure that required electricity.
- Keep your family safe by preventing a blackout in your home.
We offer complete electrical services to our customers in Schererville, IN. Contact us to learn more about our services!
4 Advantages of Installing Security Lighting
Installing security lighting around your home can have many advantages. In addition to increasing your safety, it can also enhance the appearance of your house. Some of the benefits of having professionals install security lighting around your property can include:
- Eliminate dark shadows: Security lights can get rid of dark shadows around your house that intruders can hide in.
- Enhance your property value: These lights can help differentiate your home from others on the market when you go to sell, and can appeal to potential buyers.
- Deter small animals: Outdoor lighting can prevent animals like skunks or raccoons from visiting your property.
- Improve your curb appeal: When installed correctly by a professional, these lights can help improve the appearance of the outside of your home and property.