Schedule Annual AC Maintenance Today!
Without a seasoned professional checking one's AC system, they risk higher-than-average utility bills, poor indoor air quality, and mold. There are plenty of reasons why one should schedule an AC repair appointment. One can learn about their system's operations and how to improve them.
AC Service Professionals Get Busy Once Summer Starts
With so many homeowners needing AC repairs, professionals find themselves overloaded with service calls. It is best to schedule an appointment as soon as possible. By acting sooner rather than later, homeowners can:
- Reduce the likelihood of mold and mildew growth
- Learn about their system's operations
- Catch small problems before they spiral into large issues
Homeowners can also learn whether getting a new AC unit could meet their needs. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, once an AC unit turns 15 years old, it's time to consider a replacement. Benefits could include cheaper energy bills, tax breaks, and better indoor air quality.
Homeowners Should Keep Their AC Units On Year-Round
One may think that they're giving their AC unit a "break" by keeping it off during the winter. However, this is not the case. It's better to keep the AC on all year long––even if on light duty. That way, homeowners can learn more potential issues before HVAC companies get too busy.
By constantly keeping one's AC on, homeowners:
- Can prevent mold and mildew growth: Mold and mildew love warm, damp areas. By keeping the AC on, one can keep these organisms from forming. Air conditioning units generally keep homes dry and limit humidity.
- Can learn about their AC's energy use: During the summer, it's not uncommon for utility bills to increase. However, if it's the middle of winter and the AC unit is working overtime, this could indicate a problem with the system.
Furthermore, keeping the AC on all year prevents dust, dirt, and other debris from building up inside the system.
Annual Maintenance Cuts Down on Issues
As noted, it's best to catch problems sooner rather than later. By having a professional inspect one's HVAC system once a year, they can look for:
- Leaks pooling around the AC unit
- Pipes that are rusted or corroded
- Any electric problems that could threaten the home's safety
- Unusual sounds or odors coming from the system
Air conditioning maintenance goes a long way. It can extend an AC unit's lifespan and keep it in working order.
About All Services
All Services is more than an air conditioning service; it's a group of professionals dedicated to serving Crown Point, Indiana, and the surrounding area. If one wants help scheduling an appointment (or wants to explore their home improvement options), interested parties can call them today to learn more about AC services.
Distribution Links +