Electrical devices are a must-have in your home. These keep your family safe by allowing lights to brighten up dark spaces and providing energy to required appliances, like a refrigerator or an HVAC system. So when it comes to repairing or installing new electrical devices, leave the work to professionals! Call All Services for appointments in the Merrillville, IN area. In business since 2006, we stand by our work and our licensed and insured electrical contractors!
We offer the following electrical services to the Merrillville, IN area:
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Switch and Outlet Repair and Replacement
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
- Generator Installation
- Decorative and Security Lighting
- Wiring Repair and Replacement
- Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
Since 2006 our neighbors have trusted us to perform their electrical work. Read our testimonials to learn why they call us when they need an electrician!
Common Problems with GFCI Outlets
GFCI outlets are required in rooms in your home where water is present. These outlets help protect you and your family from electrocution, so it’s important to keep them in good working condition. If you notice any of the following problems you should contact an electrical contractor ASAP to repair the outlet:
- Wear and tear: If your outlet is getting older, or if you’re noticing that it trips more than usual, it can be a sign of wear and tear. Having a professional install a new outlet should correct the problem.
- Issue with black and white wires: If you have a newer GFCI outlet and you’re experiencing problems, it could be a problem with the black and white wires in the outlet. A contractor can inspect the outlet and its wires to diagnose the issue.
- Defective circuit: If your GFCI outlets are connected, if one trips then they will all trip. A professional can inspect the outlets and determine if they are connected to the entire circuit and if the panel wires are connected to the correct line terminals.
Signs it’s Time to Replace Your Generator
To protect your family in the event of a power failure, it’s important to have a functioning generator. Waiting too long to replace a unit can leave your family in the dark during the next blackout. To replace your generator before it completely malfunctions, watch for these signs that can indicate you need a new system:
- Fuel costs are increasing: If you notice an uptick in fuel costs, it can indicate your unit is losing efficiency.
- Trouble starting: If your unit is taking longer to start up, or if you notice consistent delays, it can signal your system is starting to wear down.
- Inconsistent power: If you notice lights flickering or appliances that turn on and off unexpectedly when using the generator, it can indicate you need a professional to inspect the unit.
- Emitting too much carbon monoxide: While all generators emit some carbon monoxide, if you start to notice an increase in the levels of the gas it can signal the unit is becoming less efficient or is malfunctioning. Carbon monoxide can pose a risk to you and your family, so if you suspect too much carbon monoxide is being emitted you should call a contractor as soon as possible.
- Needs frequent repairs: While generators will require some maintenance, if you find yourself needing to make multiple - or large, costly -- repairs, it can be time to replace the unit.
Unexpected electrical repairs are generally never welcomed and can be an inconvenience to your budget. That’s why we offer financing options to our customers!
5 Types of Outdoor Lighting
Adding outdoor lights can greatly enhance your yard and landscaping. Take a look at five common types of lights to add around your outdoor space:
- Spotlights: These point in one direction, so they can be used to add light to statues, plants, walls, or other features around your yard.
- Flood lights: These lights can brighten up large areas around your yard. These can be used on driveways and patios.
- Up/down lights: These can be used to shine either up or down, giving you flexibility in what gets illuminated in your yard.
- Step lights: These are used to light up stairs in your yard to add safety measures.
- Garden lights: Adding lights to your garden lets you show off your plants - even at night.