Electrical work is not the time to test your DIY skills. If done incorrectly, it can put your family’s safety at risk. Instead, let an electrical contractor handle the work. At All Services, we stand by our staff and guarantee to only send vetted, licensed and insured professionals to your home. Call us today for all of your electrical needs in the Lowell, IN area, including generator installation, wiring repair, and more.
We offer the following electrical services to your area:
- Generator Installation
- Wiring Repair and Replacement
- Decorative and Security Lighting
- Electrical Vehicle Charging Station
- Switch and Outlet Repair and Replacement
- Smoke Detector Installation
- Carbon Monoxide Detector Installation
- Pool and Hot Tub Wiring
Our clients have trusted us to complete their electrical work since 2006. Find out why in our testimonials!
Signs Your GFCI Outlets Need to be Replaced
Ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCI) are required in your home for outlets that are close to water, protecting you and your family from electrical shocks. Since they are important to your safety, it’s vital to know when they are no longer functioning properly and need to be replaced. Some signs to watch for can include:
- GFCI outlets keep tripping: If your outlet is suddenly tripping more than usual, you can perform a test to see if it’s working properly. Plug an item into the outlet and press the Test button. The item should turn off. Then press the Reset button. This should cause the device to turn back on. If it doesn’t, then the outlet is not functioning properly.
- Cracked or damaged outlets: If your outlets have any signs of damage or cracks they should be replaced. Cracks can expose the electrical wiring and pose potential electrical hazards.
- Plugs slide out of outlets: Over time, outlets can show signs of wear and tear. This can cause loose connections. If plugs no longer fit properly into outlets it can be time to replace the outlet.
How to Properly Maintain Your Standby Generator
To ensure your standby generator works as expected when you need it during a power outage, it’s important to keep it properly maintained and schedule regular service appointments with a professional. Some ways you can keep the unit functioning as expected can include:
- Keep the area around the generator free of debris like leaves and grass and any small animals that might try to create a home in the area.
- Check the oil level regularly - around once a month, or after the unit has run for a significant amount of time.
- Change the oil and filter about every two years, or after about 200 hours of operation.
- Change the air filter about once a year.
- “Exercise” the unit - or run it without producing electrical power for about 10 to 15 minutes. This can be done about once a week to clear the fuel lines and lubricate the motor’s parts.
- Have a professional change the spark plugs, check the valves and more during his or her inspection.
At All Services, we understand that unexpected electrical repairs can cause financial stress. That’s why we offer our clients financing options! Learn more!
Benefits of Track Lighting
Installing track lighting in your home can have many advantages. Some of the benefits of selecting this type of indoor lighting can include:
- Easy to install: With the assistance of a professional, this type of lighting can be easy to install, and without a full renovation or cutting into the ceiling.
- Flexible lighting options: Track lighting gives you the option for bright or dim lights, and you can adjust the angle of the individual lights to shine in specific areas.
- Takes less space: This type of lighting doesn’t take up valuable floor space like floor lamps, and they don’t hang low like some overhead light fixtures.
- Variety of styles: These lights come in a range of styles, colors and types to give you many options when selecting the right lights for your room.