Humidity represents how much moisture (water vapor) is in the air. It is recommended that relative humidity levels remain in the 40-60% range for maximum comfort. Any number above that, and you’ll be needing a dehumidifier. Any levels below that and you will experience an uncomfortably dry environment. If you suspect your levels are below the accepted norm in your Crown Point, IN, you may benefit from AC humidifier installation services. At All Services, we are your installation pros. From finding the ideal humidifier, based on your home size and budget, to completing the installation, you can count on our experts for a seamless experience.
Dealing with too much humidity? We can help with that too! Be sure to ask about our dehumidifier installation services to find that ideal temperature setting.
Signs You Need a Humidifier
Humidity levels that are too high or too low can have adverse effects on your home and your health. Many people complain about dealing with too much humidity but rarely acknowledge that low levels are just as uncomfortable. If you experience any of the following symptoms, there is a good chance humidity levels are too low in your home and you need a humidifier:
- Physical Discomfort: If you’ve ever woken up in the morning with unusually dry eyes, chapped lips, and dry skin, you may need a humidifier in your home.
- Negative Effects on Home: If you’ve ever noticed that you have cracked or dry wooden floors, walls, or furniture, you may be dealing with low levels of humidity. You may also notice that pages in books and magazines have become brittle and ruined.
- Allergy Flare-Ups: Cold symptoms and other respiratory issues can be worsened due to low levels of humidity in the air. Air that is too dry can have negative impacts on our health and overall comfort levels.
- You Frequently Use Heating System: If you’re someone who gets chilly often and utilizes your heater more than most, you may need a humidifier. Excess heat can quickly dry out the air and zap any moisture that may be present in the air.
Finding the ideal temperature setting in your home can be a challenge without the right know-how. Make sure you get the help you need by working with our reputable air conditioning pros.
Do You Need Humidifier Repairs?
A humidifier that is operating effectively will increase the overall comfort in your home. Unfortunately, these units can experience malfunctions and prevent the system from doing its job. Some common indicators that your humidifier isn’t working as it should include:
- You are still experiencing physical symptoms such as dry eyes and skin, nose bleeds, congestion, stuffiness, allergy flare-ups.
- You notice a sudden increase in your home’s energy costs
- Frequent shocks and static clings
- The unit is making strange noises
The moment there is too little humidity in your home, and you’re starting to feel physical symptoms, it’s important to give our technicians a call. As the leading HVAC service company in Crown Point, IN, you can count on our experts to keep your home as comfortable as possible.
Looking to do more for your indoor air quality? Be sure to ask about our air cleaning and filtration services, and take a step towards a healthier home.
Work With Our Licensed Technicians Today
For more than a decade, All Services has been working in the greater Crown Point area with high-grade craftsmanship, stellar customer service, and affordable rates. If your home is suffering from too low humidity levels, we can help! If moisture levels are too high for comfort, we can help with that too! Our goal is to ensure every one of our customers has a healthy and comfortable home environment, and it all starts with quality HVAC services.