During the winter, our heaters quickly become the most important systems within our Crown Point, IN homes. That is why there is nothing more frustrating or inconvenient than experiencing a heating system that isn’t operating properly. If a broken heater is preventing you from getting cozy in the winter, give the professionals here at All Services a call. Whether your central heating system if blowing cold air, or even worse, it isn’t turning on, our heating pros are here to help.
Want to avoid a winter emergency? Make sure you keep up with furnace tune-ups - the best way to enjoy peace of mind.
Signs You Need Heater Repairs
A malfunctioning heater can put your home’s access to heat in jeopardy. The only thing worse than freezing outside in the winter is being cold and uncomfortable in your own home. If you are experiencing heating problems, you may be in need of professional repair services. Some of the most common indicators that you need heater repairs include:
- No Heat: As obvious as this may seem, many homeowners write off the lack of heat as an automatic indication that a replacement unit is necessary. However, there are certain small issues that can prevent your heater from generating heat that can be fixed with repair services.
- Increased Gas/Electric Bill: Depending on if you have an electric or gas-powered heater, you will notice a spike in utility bills behind a malfunctioning heater. When a heater is damaged, the first thing to go is its efficiency. If you receive a spiked utility bill, a broken heater may be the culprit.
- Weird Noises: Although your heating system may not be absolutely silent, it definitely shouldn’t be generating loud, disruptive noises that are cause for alarm. Banging, clicking, and humming are all common indicators that a problem has arisen internally within your unit. Additionally, if you have a gas-powered heater and hear a hissing sound, this could signal a gas leak that needs professional attention right away.
- Temperature Inconsistencies: A damaged heater will struggle to provide your home with heat especially at steady temperatures. If you notice that certain rooms in your home are warmer than others, you may be in need of professional repairs.
- Old Age: Most heaters have a lifespan of around 10 to 15 years. If your heater is getting up there in age, you can expect to need repair services soon and frequently.
Why Routine Maintenance Is Important
Just like any other appliance that is used frequently, routine heater maintenance is very important to maintain the lifespan of your unit and prevent the need for frequent repairs. Your unit should receive a tune-up at least once a year. Some of the benefits of professional maintenance include:
- Reduced energy costs
- Eliminate frequent repairs
- Improved reliability
- Enhanced air quality
- Longer unit lifespan
Because the heater in your Crown Point, IN home may not get year-round use, it often falls into disrepair. The best thing to do is remember to get it inspected and tuned up every year a few months before the winter season. Not only will this keep your central heating system in top shape, but also it can give you peace of mind knowing your system is ready for any temperature drop.
If your heating system is older than 10 years old and is constantly in need of repairs, it may be time for heater replacement services.
Your Heating Repair Experts
When it comes to professional heating repair services, there’s no company more reliable than All Services! With over 15 years of local expertise, we’ve helped homeowners deal with issues ranging from a heater that’s making strange noises to a unit that’s stopped working altogether. Our goal is to provide fast, friendly, and personalized services, taking the stress out of a repair, and getting your system back up and running as quickly as possible.