If your furnace has reached the end of its life and repairs are no longer sufficient in keeping it running, it may be time to consider a replacement. Although the initial cost of a new furnace may seem daunting, there are many benefits of upgrading to a new heating system.
Our friendly Crown Point furnace experts at All Services have more than 25 years of combined experience providing quality heating services to customers throughout Lake and Porter Counties, Merrillville, Schererville, St John, and Cedar Lake. We can come to your home to determine whether a new system is necessary and help you choose the best option for you.
Give us a call today at to request a heating consultation. We can recommend the right solution - whether that means furnace repair or a simple tune-up.
When to Replace Your Furnace
At the first sign of heating problems, you're likely tempted to either call a heating professional or to fix your system yourself. Attempting to fix or replace a furnace on your own is highly inadvisable, especially when there is a trusted HVAC company just a phone call away. Our technicians can help you choose between a gas or electric furnace, making sure you understand the benefits of both. We can also ensure that your equipment is in need of replacement before we make a recommendation for an upgrade.
A few signs that the need to replace your furnace may be approaching include:
- Your furnace heats insufficiently - If your furnace is working harder than it should be and not producing enough heat to warm your home in a timely manner it may be time to replace it.
- Your furnace won't turn on or off - If you are having issues getting your heater to switch on the circuit breaker may merely be tripped. If you are still experiencing issues after checking the circuit breaker, give All Services a call. We can diagnose the issue and recommend a solution.
- Your furnace is 10-15 years old - The average lifespan of most furnaces is somewhere between ten and fifteen years. Even the highest quality furnace will eventually become outdated after enough time has passed. On the plus side, newer models of furnaces are much more energy efficient, which will save you money on utility bills.
- Your furnace always needs repairs - If your furnace frequently needs to be repaired it might be worth the investment to replace your heater instead. If the cost of repair outweighs the cost of replacement it's absolutely time to switch to a new furnace.
How to Choose the Right Furnace
Whether it’s time to replace your furnace or you’re building a new house and want to find the ideal furnace for your needs, there are a lot of things to consider. Below are the four main concerns that you’ll want to figure out when you are choosing your furnace.
- Size - The first thing you want to consider is the size of your furnace. You don’t want to just consider your home’s square footage, but also the insulation, height of the ceilings and how many windows you have. Your furnace should be large enough to easily heat your home without straining.
- Efficiency - Efficiency is another big consideration. To help you know how efficient a furnace is, you want to look at the furnace’s AFUE rating. When this number is higher, it means that it’s more efficient. Work with an expert to determine the rating that’s ideal for your home.
- Fuel - Something else to think about is the type of fuel you want to use. Some types of fuel are more expensive than others, so it’s a good idea to factor in your budget. If you’re not using a natural gas furnace, you can also opt for an electric unit.
- Filter - There are different types of filters that are available based on the type of furnace you want to have. You also want to consider the health of your family and if they have allergies or asthma. Choose the filter that will remove the most impurities from the air, keeping your home comfortable and healthy.
While there are plenty of other things to consider when purchasing your new furnace, this is a good place to start. Of course, it’s always suggested to work with a heating expert. This will ensure you always get a unit that works for you and your family and also won’t break your budget.
A lot of the time, a malfunctioning furnace can be fixed. Contact us today for quality service!
Schedule Furnace Installation in Crown Point
When you want to install a new furnace in your home, it is important that you consult with an experienced Crown Point furnace expert. At All Services, we are backed by decades of experience working with all types of furnaces including gas and electric. We understand the importance of not only choosing the right system but one that is the right size. A furnace which is too big or too small can cause serious issues over time. We can make sure that you will be comfortable for as long as possible with an appropriately sized furnace.