As any homeowner in Crown Point, IN can tell you, it’s important to have a reliable heating system during the cold seasons. If you rely on a heat pump to supply your home with warmth and comfort, it can be a disaster when your unit begins to malfunction. And for homeowners with central heating systems looking for an alternative, a heat pump can help there too. At All Services, we are your reliable heat pump experts. From repairing existing systems to installing new ones, you can depend on our staff to keep you and your family comfortable.
Want to keep your heat pump in perfect working order? Maintenance is key! Be sure to ask about our Total Care Club Membership for ongoing customer support and care.
How Heat Pumps Work
Heat pumps are truly impressive devices. They work by extracting heat from one source to transfer it into your home. By circulating refrigerant through a cycle of evaporation and condensation, heat pumps are able to adequately provide your home with sufficient heat and warmth.
A component called a compressor pumps refrigerant between two heat exchanger coils. The refrigerant is then evaporated where heat is extracted from its surroundings. Then, through the second coil, the refrigerant is compressed and condenses at high pressure where the heat is released into your home.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repairs
Just like with any heating system, there will come a day when your heat pump experiences malfunctions and professional repair services are required. Some of the most common signs that indicate heat pump repair services are needed include:
- No Hot Air: Perhaps the most obvious and common indicator that heat pump repair services are needed is when your unit begins to blow cool air when you need heat. Because heat pumps can also serve as AC units, the reverse effect is true as well. If you need cold air and your system is blowing out hot air, it may be time for repair services.
- Increased Energy Bills: No one likes getting a hefty energy bill they didn’t expect. If you notice a sudden spike in your energy bills, this could signal internal damage within your system resulting in loss of efficiency.
- Leaks: If your heat pump is experiencing leaks, there’s a good chance that you will need professional repair services. In some cases, due to internal damage, refrigerant can begin to leak from your unit.
- Strange Sounds: Most heat pumps run relatively quietly. If your heat pump is emitting strange sounds that sound abnormal, this could signal that your unit is failing and needs professional attention right away.
As a Crown Point, IN homeowner, it’s important to keep tabs on your home. Anytime there’s a change in performance or comfort, it can be the earliest indication that an emergency is on the way. At All Services, we offer reliable heat pump repair services to help get your system back up and running.
Looking to stick with a traditional central heating system? We also offer heater installation services, using high-quality appliances and components.
Benefits of Installing a Heat Pump
There’s nothing better than saving money when it comes to all of the expenses associated with homeownership. Saving money is just one of the various beneficial reasons to upgrade your heat pump system. Some of the additional benefits you can expect to enjoy after installing a include:
- Reduced energy costs
- Increased energy efficiency
- Improved air quality
- Save on installation costs thanks to dual heating/cooling system
Since 2006, the heat pump experts here at All Services have been servicing the greater Crown Point area with quality heat pump installation, replacement, and repair services. Whether your heat pump is blowing cool air or emitting strange, disruptive noises, we can provide affordable long-lasting solutions that you can find relief in.