Aside from causing discomfort, excess moisture in the air can wreak havoc on our homes and health. Many people know the benefits of a humidifier but have never even considered why a dehumidifier may be necessary. If you live in an area that suffers from high levels of humidity, you may be familiar with common symptoms such as peeling wallpaper or a musty odor that takes over the whole house. If these sound familiar, you may be in need of a dehumidifier. All Services provides quality AC dehumidifier installation services to Crown Point, IN homeowners when they need it most!
Still dealing with poor indoor air quality? Be sure to ask about our air cleaning and filtration services, and take the next step for a healthier home.
Benefits of a Dehumidifier
Dehumidifiers are small devices with big effects. Designed to remove moisture from the air, these units can quickly turn a swampy setting into a comfortable environment. Some of the benefits you can expect to reap after installing a dehumidifier include:
- Increased Comfort: High levels of humidity are sweaty and uncomfortable. They can cause even the most comfortable temperatures to feel unbearable. No one wants to feel sticky and moist just by sitting in their home watching TV. With a dehumidifier, you can relax comfortably and not feel like you just finished an intense workout at the gym.
- Reduced Energy Bills: When high levels of humidity are present, your AC has to work twice as hard to cool your home. After dehumidifier installation, you can expect lower energy bills thanks to a more efficiently running HVAC system.
- Say Bye To Bad Odors: You know the feeling, no matter how hard you clean the smell of mildew just won’t dissipate. This is because when there are high levels of humidity, moisture can seep into your carpet, curtains, and even your furniture.
- Prevent Illness: This is especially true if anyone in your home suffers from severe allergies. Humidity can aggregate allergies and other sicknesses.
- Reduced Risk For Mold: Mold and other fungi thrive in settings with excessive moisture. By dehumidifying your space, you will be actively protecting your home from the dangers of mold growth.
Signs You Need Dehumidifier Repair Services
Although dehumidifiers are lifesavers, they aren’t indestructible. Just like any other component of your HVAC system, problems can arise and require repair from a professional HVAC company. Some of the most common indications that your dehumidifier needs repairs are:
- Spiked Energy Bill: As stated above, dehumidifiers play a big role in helping your AC system run efficiently. Because your HVAC system contributes to a large portion of your energy bills, a sudden spike may signal that your system isn’t running as efficiently as it should. A damaged dehumidifier may be the culprit.
- Frozen Coils: When your dehumidifier begins to fail, you may notice that the coils of your unit are beginning to freeze. This happens when your unit can no longer effectively remove moisture due to a faulty fan motor or a broken thermostat.
- Not Collecting Water: If your dehumidifier is no longer able to collect water, it won’t be able to remove moisture from the air. This can be caused by a failed capacitor or another internal issue.
At All Services, our goal is to help you find that healthy and comfortable indoor temperature setting in your Crown Point, IN home. Whether you’re looking to install a dehumidifier for the first time or need repairs on your existing system, we can help.
Is a lack of humidity also a concern for your home? Be sure to ask about our humidifier installations, and find that perfect indoor temperature setting.
Call Your Trusted Local HVAC Pros Today
Since 2006, All Services has been providing Crown Point homeowners with quality, affordable HVAC services. From AC refrigerant leak repairs to a faulty dehumidifier, our team of licensed, specially trained technicians can do it all. If you suspect your home could benefit from a dehumidifier due to high levels of moisture in the air, we can help!