Nothing is worse than powering on your AC unit, waiting for the relief of cool air, only to find out your AC system isn’t working at all. When this occurs, there are several possibilities of what the issue may be, but the only way to know for sure is by calling for professional services. If you are experiencing issues with your AC system and can’t figure out the problem, you may be dealing with an AC refrigerant leak. Call All Services to receive professional refrigerant leak repair services in the Crown Point, IN area, and start using your AC again today!
Is your AC unit experiencing issues outside of a freon leak? All Services provides quality AC repair services to get your system back up and running.
Common Signs of a Refrigerant Leak
Refrigerant leaks can cause your entire AC unit to become defective. Oftentimes, leaks go undetected and cause extensive water damage simply because homeowners don’t know what a refrigerant leak looks like. If you experience any of the following occurrences, you may be dealing with a leak:
- Lack of Cool Air: Because refrigerant is responsible for cooling the air your AC unit emits, a leak can prevent your unit from supplying your home with cool air. If you notice your unit is powered on but not blowing cool air, a leak may be present.
- Blowing Hot Air: Aside from blowing air that is less than cool, hot air is a sign of low refrigerant levels. If your AC is blowing heated air when you desire cool air, it’s time for a refrigerant refill.
- High Energy Bills: Unless you’ve made any major changed to your household recently, your energy bills should relatively in the same range month to month. If you begin to notice an increase in your home’s energy usage without making any changes to your daily routines, you may be experiencing a refrigerant leak.
- Odd Noises Coming From Unit: Your AC unit definitely shouldn’t emit alarming noises. If you notice gurgling sounds coming from your unit, it may be low on refrigerant.
- Frozen Coils: If your AC is low on refrigerant, it could prevent the evaporator coil from absorbing heat. When this occurs, your coils can freeze over and prevent your unit from generating cool air for your home.
Generally, if your air conditioner is producing fluctuating air temperatures, there’s a problem. At the first sign of trouble, contact our AC repair technicians at All Services. With over 10+ years of experience in the Crown Point, IN area, you can count on us to get your system blowing cold again in no time!
How Leak Repair Is Done
When AC refrigerant leaks occur, it’s not always obvious where the leak is located. Leaks can occur anywhere from the evaporator coil to the suction line. When you call on our team of experts for services, our licensed technicians will locate the leak using advanced technology such as a halogen leak detector or a nitrogen leak detector or traditional techniques such as dye testing.
After our team locates the leak, we can move forward with providing the best solution for the specific problem. We can fix the problem using oxyacetylene and brazing the location of the leak. In some instances, the entire part of the origin of the leak needs to be replaced. Our team will assess the best course of action that fits the extent of the leak as well as your budget to provide a long-lasting solution.
If you suspect there is an issue with your evaporator coil, contact us today and ask about our evaporator coil cleaning and repair services.
Call Our AC Experts Today
AC refrigerant leaks can be a pain to deal with but you don’t have to face these problems alone. Since 2006, All Services has been providing quality and affordable HVAC repair services to the greater Crown Point area. Whether you are experiencing a refrigerant leak due to frozen coils or corroded tubing, our licensed technicians are here to help!