Our HVAC systems are made of various components that all work together to provide our homes with cool air from our AC and warm heat from our heating systems. When one component fails, our entire HVAC system is jeopardized and we lose the comfort we’ve grown to expect from our central HVAC system. One of those important components is the air handler, which is responsible for distributing air throughout your Crown Point, IN home. If you suspect your air handler has been damaged, give the professional technicians here at All Services a call and find out how our air handler repair, installation, and replacement services can benefit you!
Is your HVAC system beyond repair? We also offer air conditioning installation services to help get your home the upgrade it deserves.
What Is an Air Handler & How Does It Work?
Air handlers are responsible for regulating the air that circulates through your HVAC system. The unit is made of various components that all have a specific task. These components include:
- Evaporator Coil: This is one of the most important components involved in the refrigeration cycle. When you activate your AC unit, the coil removed humidity as indoor air passes over it. When you activate your heating system, the coil transfers heat as heat passes over it.
- Blower: Your air handler’s blower transfers air to the ductwork in order to circulate within your home. Blower motors come in different speeds. A single-speed blower stays at one steady speed. They are on an on and off cycle that is regulated by your thermostat. A multi-speed blower operates at various speeds in order to supply your home with adequate air.
- Air Filter: All air that comes out of the vents in your home has to pass through an air filter. The primary duty of a filter is to catch particles, dust, and debris from entering your home. It’s important that your air filters are regularly maintained to ensure that your indoor air quality is high-grade.
- Air Supply & Return Plenum Connections: The supply plenum delivers conditioned air to your home while the return plenum returns the air that needs to be cooled or heated.
When you turn on your HVAC system, all these components work in unison to cool and distribute air throughout your home. In a vast majority of AC repair services, the air handler is often the culprit, and can easily be restored back to working order.
Signs Your Air Handler Is Damaged
Like any component associated with your HVAC system, air handlers can become damaged and require professional attention to work properly. Some of the most common indicators that your air handler needs repair or replacement services include:
- Poor Airflow: Because the primary job of an air handler is to regulate your HVAC systems, if the airflow has been negatively impacted, there’s a chance that a damaged air handler is a culprit. If you notice your HVAC system isn’t emitting air adequately, give All Services a call so we can rule out any air handler issues.
- Clogged Ducts: Clogged air ducts are never any fun. Clogged ducts can even impose a health risk if not treated in a timely manner. If you suspect you have clogged ducts as a result of a faulty air handler, give us a call today.
- Faulty Blower Motor: A faulty blower motor will cause your air handler to become defective. Since the blower motor is responsible for transferring air to the ductwork, when it stops working, your air handler can no longer do its job.
If your air conditioner starts to struggle to keep your home comfortable or you’re getting little to no airflow from your vents, there’s a problem. At All Services, we are your dependable Crown Point, IN air conditioning repair company. Our staff will take the time to inspect your air handler and find the source of the problem. This ensures you always get a long-term fix.
Looking to keep your air handler protected? Be sure to keep up with routine maintenance like air filter replacement and evaporator coil cleaning services.
Call Our HVAC Pros Today!
Since 2006, our HVAC experts have been supplying the greater Crown Point area with high-quality craftsmanship and stellar customer service. From our air handler installations to our air handler repair services, there’s no issue we can’t solve. Our goal is to provide you with a thorough and detailed repair service, limiting your downtime and keeping your family protected no matter the season.